This year, I hope things will be different. I hope I won’t be as grumpy as I usually am because I hate winter.
I don’t like the holiday season. I hate thinking about all the slaughtered turkeys. The materialism of the season highly bothers me. I despise the cold and the shorter days. All I want is to do is sleep. Just hibernate like a bear and awaken in the spring. That’s when daisies pop.
This year, though, I will attempt to adopt a new attitude. There are countless people who absolutely thrive this time of year. They love it! Why can’t I? Here are my plans:
- Enjoy the holiday lights
- Plan a Friendsgiving potluck
- Go to Holiday in the Park with my cousins
- Buy Stars tickets for myself and the sisters
- Run, yoga, run, yoga, run, run, run
- Have a great time with Dustin for his birthday/our anniversary
- Do not take sunny days for granted and go outside!
[sigh] I hope I can do it. I also want to buy plants, perhaps do a little decorating as well, all while avoiding the television because the Christmas commercials are already unbearable. Right?