Most of us, not all of us, but most of us, spend too much time on our computers and phones. Sometimes, I think it is ridiculous that I keep up with so many personal social media platforms. Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram, and this blog. Ridiculous, right? Thank goodness I never got into the whole video world, although I do keep a YouTube and a Vine account. Geeze.
I am feeling a bit low and unfulfilled as of lately. Here’s why:
1. I have not been running nearly enough.
- I blame this on the weather. For the life of me, I can not bring myself to get up and go in the mornings, because it is so cold. I was able to do so when I lived in East Dallas and the high school track was only two blocks away and the Santa Fe trail was just at the end of my street. Here in Carrollton, though… I am so uninspired. Sad face.
- My work schedule has been all jacked up this month. Three-day weekends, on-call weeks, switching days, switching hours. I simply have not been able to get a routine down. There’s no way.
- I gave myself a break from running because of my knee and it has just been difficult to get back into the game. I am also still afraid of pushing it too much.
- Not running enough makes me feel out of shape and like I have gained weight, although I don’t think that I have. I just feel that I have. Not running enough also encourages bad eating habits and a vicious cycle begins. Oy.
- I said I wanted to write, paint, sew, draw, photograph. I have not been doing any of those things. This first month in my new place has definitely been a period of adjustment and settling in. It has to end. One month is long enough.
- See above. Scheduling mayhem because of work. Timing is off.
- I have already mentioned the weather. Yuck. I need more sunshine in my life.
- Why hasn’t the animal shelter that I applied to volunteer for called me back? If I am not giving, I am not living!
- I cannot find THE pen. The one that I washed and ruined and need to replace. I have tried Target (where I originally bought it), Office Depot, Staples, and Michael’s. I think I will have to try Hobby Lobby next.
- Spring is officially here. The weather will get warmer. I must be patient.
- There are signs everywhere that it is almost over. The greens and bright colors are returning. They look so beautiful in the sun. Another reason why this overcast business must end.
- With the time change a few weeks ago, we now get later sunsets. Soon, the days will become even longer and we will get earlier sunrises as well. Exciting!
- Blogging is a form of writing. Totally counts.
- On my instagram (@dangdaisy) and my Tumblr accounts, I have been participating in the 100 Happy Days challenge. Although I am not using Bon Qui Qui, my DSLR camera, I am still photojournaling my life and that is worth something to me.
- I am creating ideas. All day, every day.
- I was out of town over the weekend and my sweet boyfriend took care of my critters for me and took notice of the fact that Canelo Dog missed me. He even got out of bed to try to calm Canelo down last night. I eventually heard the commotion and had to get up and calm Canelo down myself, but it was so sweet of Dustin to try.
- My aunt is out of the hospital and back home at my grandma’s. Hooray for the field of medicine!
- I reconnected with friends while I was in Austin and even made new ones. I love friendships.
- My weekend getaway was a timely getaway after the insanity of work last week.
- I am planning a trip to Colorado to see my friend, Taylor. I can’t call her an old friend. I met her in 2012 and worked with her for a year while she completed an internship in Neurology at CVSC. She moved to Colorado last summer, when she finished her internship, and has invited me and our other former coworker, Nicole, to stay with her for a weekend. I’ve never been to Colorado, but I already know that I will love it, crazy air and all!
- Maybe I will visit Chicago with Dustin this summer. He is going regardless because it’s a business trip. For me, this is a big maybe, but maybe is a word full of hope so I will hope and do what I can to make it happen.
I know I wrote that I would be more creative. I tried, I really did. That post was followed by a week of packing, though, which was followed by moving, which was followed by a week of unpacking, which was followed by a week of being on call for emergency surgeries, and all these events were engulfed by pretty non-inspiring shitty ass weather. Ugh.
I am absolutely sick of this winter. I shouldn’t let it do so, but it is ruining my life and my mood. I suppose that I should look on the bright side and admit that life is good when the weather is the only thing bringing me down. It affects other aspects of my life, though. I do less because of the cold and lack of sunshine. I am less inspired to go outside. I have not been running enough. My walks with Canelo Dog are miserable and sometimes rushed. I could sit on a bench and draw or write while waiting for my train, but instead I keep my hands safe in my pockets, tuck my head close to my torso, and stare down the tracks anticipating the arrival of that transporting machine. Not very ideal.
I should be happy that the time has finally changed meaning later sunsets and the approach of spring, but I look up at the window and it is overcast outside. I have the heat on knowing very well that it is below forty outside. I am wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt, so I am pretty much wearing a sweatsuit. It is not my best look.
At least I have a desk now. I also bought a book about calligraphy. I need to replace old pens. I am making a vegan pasta today. I will run at some point today. I have to continue to break my NEW running shoes in! I’m also buying a vacuum cleaner. One that picks up pet hair well. Dustin and I are going half and half on that. The domestic life of lovebirds. It’s a good life.
I better bundle up and get going.